May 18, 2013

What's My Style?

One of the exciting things about consciously and purposefully choosing to create a life you love is that you HAVE to give yourself permission to have the things you really want and LOVE.

It can be challenging... scratch that, it IS challenging when you've habituated heading straight for the sale section at Kmart. But like everything else this is an exploration journey into my own personal style in fashion, decor, beauty, home, food, fitness and other exciting things I discover along the way!

I want to encourage you to do the same, there are no limits to what you can imagine and dream up for yourself. Jump on the 'f**k yeah!' train with me and start thinking about your own style. Not what's convenient, cheap or what everyone else says is cool, but what you can't get enough of (even if you think it's lame or won't allow yourself to have it).

What's your style? www.elisemcdowell.com

What's My Wardrobe, Makeup & Beauty Style?

I love dresses, sparkles and LOTS of vibrant colour, usually from ASOS, yet I rock a hoodie and black trackies most days? Oy vey. To be honest, I always let my size and shape hold me back from really allowing myself to wear those beautiful and vibrant fabrics. But that WILL change over these next 6 months because I refuse to leave my 20s without having rocked a bikini confidently!

When it comes to makeup and beauty prods, I am kind of a late bloomer. Infact I'm still blooming! I was a tomboy most of my teenage years so makeup was not a priority on my list, when I hit my 20s I just kind of mimicked my friends, I had no siblings to teach me and my mother never wears makeup! So I've been in quite a conundrum.. until now!

Something I really wanna learn is how to look after my skin easily and how to apply makeup that's natural and not layered on (sensitive skin has taught me A LOT). So be sure that a post is gonna be coming where I ask you for YOUR advice on most things beauty and makeup!

I'm excited to finally give myself the permission to raise my standards and only choose clothes, shoes, accessories, makeup and beauty products that I truly love. This is going to be a fun adventure!

What's My Fitness, Food & Spirituality Style?

I've already put my feelers out for running, yoga, sea swimming, boxing and gymnastics. It's ambitious but hey that's the thing about figuring out your style, if you don't like it you don't have to keep doing it.

Trying out fitness and food with a brand new perspective is going to be really interesting and I'm sure at times very VERY challenging. But for me it's about looking at this from an experimental 'just dipping my toes in' perspective and not just taking away all of my toys.

I love meditation and have already started exploring this further and really figuring out my style. I love guided meditation but also just zoning out to relaxing music. I find it too difficult without some sort of audio as my mind just wanders and I prefer to sit in a reeeeeally comfy chair. It's gonna be fun learning to sit for longer sessions. I hope to get to an hour at a time.

What's your decor style? www.elisemcdowell.com

What's My Home, Decor & Office Style?

I've always wanted a beautiful home with lots of colour but I also feel like I have several different personalities when it comes to decor! On top of that I've never lived with a boy on my own so when Scott and I move out together later this year it's going to be an interesting endeavor trying to blend both of our personal styles.

I feel like I need 1000 different rooms for my home style! I'm going to play around with one room at a time and really try to bring the best harmonizing energy for that room. And since I'm going to be working from home, I'm secretly squealing at the fact I get to design my own dream office!

The inspiration is going to be endless, by the time we actually get our own place I will have EVERY detail planned right down to the skirting boards! And then I'll be able to write about the process with your fab input!

What is YOUR style hun? 

What are you obsessed with? What do you constantly browse for no reason than just to oogle at the prettiness? What makes you gasp with delight and think "Oh. my. god. I LOVE that!"? What are you constantly pinning? What colours do you gravitate towards? (Let me know in the comments below!)

Let's fill our lives with THOSE not because it's indulgent or because we can, but simply because they make us FEEL GOOD.

6 comments:

  1. My absolute obsession is a bold ole 'country kitchen' its warm and inviting and built for entraining - there's a massive island in the middle so you can chat to everyone at the old wooden table while cooking up a storm....I cant to have it one day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ole country kitchen? Omg YES Tash! It feels so warm and cosy and like some delicious, wholesome food would be made there. I can't wait for you to have it one day either!!xx

      Delete
  2. Can I just tell you - you have the most gorgeous blog I have ever seen. You already have a distinct and beautiful style. I wonder if you can translate your writing and blogging style to other areas of your life?? I love mountain and beach styles - not in the same house, though! Makes me feel like I'm on vacation every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so much for your gorgeous words Brooke! You totally just made my day. Hmmmm, I wonder if I can translate my writing/blogging style to other areas of my life? I'd love to, do you have any tips?? ;)

      And mountain/beach style? I LOVE that! I've always wanted to live at the sea and spend my life in a bikini. Ahhh bliss.

      xx

      Delete
  3. Those dresses are beautiful. What store are they from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi GirlOnAJourney (love the name!), I don't where they're from 100% but going off where I usually shop I'd say ASOS, Lulu's or Ruche. xx

      Delete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS