May 23, 2013

The Conversation We Need To Be Having

Beautiful Pink Flower | www.elisemcdowell.com

As women, our hearts are a deep ocean of secrets (totally stole that line from Titanic). And in our hearts we hold our sadness, our joy, our humility, our love, our pain, our kindness and our loneliness.  and instead of expressing our deep suffering we lock it away deep inside.

What I have observed this week has both surprised and shocked me. I've received messages, emails and comments from... well.. you! Explaining to me how you're in the same boat, you feel like a failure, you're trying to change and you're just miserable anyway.

Yesterday, I posted a comment on Marie Forleo's wall in regards to her (super timely) video she posted. It was about feeling lost & what to do when everything's fallen apart, I highly recommend you watch if you are in fact feeling stuck.

You can read that comment below. (please excuse my poor english, it was 1:30am..)


And (unexpectedly) straight after I posted that comment an influx of replies from women popped up. All who swore I was talking about their lives..






This is the conversation we need to be having more of and it isn't happening as much as it should be.

We need to be talking about our loneliness, admitting our embarrassment at 'failure' and loving our sadness. There's nothing more powerful than feminine support, and the moment we start releasing the burden and the heaviness, healing begins.

I invite you, not to be ashamed of where you're at in life, how much you've let yourself go or how you just can't motivate yourself to try anymore; but to embrace healing, embrace support, embrace love, embrace self-belief again.

Love your sadness, but also love yourself.

I'm here for you if you need me.x

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 04, 2013

    Wow that's amazeBALLS Elise! I wonder if you've read the self-help book "Reclaim your heart" by Yasmin Mogahed? My friend recommended it to me after she toured in NZ and found out about her. She is rather spiritual(which raised my eyebrows at first) but I find a lot of it overlaps with my philosophy on life - its definitely worth a read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read that book, but it's now on my 'to read' list! Thanks for that hun :) xx

      Delete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS