May 14, 2013

My EPIC Melt Down

Quote: Small Steps Every Day

You know that moment when you're non-chalantly cradling yourself in the corner of your bedroom, in the dark, shaking hysterically, LIKE A CRAZY PERSON, and suddenly he walks through the door and you sort of panic because you know that this looks really bad - horrifying actually - like a snippet out of The Conjuring. And you don't quite know how he's going to react but you can't shake yourself out of it, and anyway if you just get up act like nothing was completely disturbing about that, holy shit you WILL actually look like a lunatic!

Not to mention, who in their life has ever hit rock bottom gracefully? No one, ever!

So you're here.

Where I was.

What do you do now?

When you feel so overwhelmingly anxious you can't bring yourself to leave the house?

When you can't stop worrying endlessly about your relationship?

When you don't actually know why you're so unhappy or why you feel helpless to do anything about it?

What do you do when you're so burdened by inertia, you can't see straight?

Make a promise.

To yourself.

Not a goal or an objective with a trillion micro details.

A promise.

That no matter how bad it gets, no matter how emotional, confusing, challenging or surprising it becomes - you're going to break out of it.

You're gonna get the old you back.

And then keep that promise to yourself.

Work at it.

Dedicate yourself to you.

Re-explore who you are, who you used to be.

Change your surroundings, your environment.

Whatever isn't making you happy right now, let it go, get rid of it.

Figure out what exhilarates you, gives you butterflies and makes you snort-laugh till your ribs sting.

Go on an epic adventure with yourself & watch as you slowly but surely change back into the vibrant, bubbly, happy-go-lucky person you used to be - with a few extra improved add-ons I might add. 

Focus on you, on how you feel about yourself, your love for your life.

You'll stumble, many times in fact, that's certain.

But keep going, you'll get there.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Elise,
    Thank you for sharing this with the world and for directing the ones who are in the same process (yep, me too) in the direction of themselves. It's really a blessing to have an honest and authentic pioneer like you.
    Rock it girl!

    Lots of love,
    Nadia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadia, you gorgeous woman! I was thinking of you when I wrote this! Here's to our spectacular lives just waiting around the corner!xx

      Delete
  2. The journey to ourself is one of the most important in live and one that goes on and on, there is always something more to discover and a new path to go.
    Happy to follow you along
    Wish you a beautiful day
    Eos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! I didn't realize I had been going through the same exact thing!! This has come to me in the perfect time.


    So Grateful for this support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is the real deal ... feels so powerful to me, the breakage leading to the opening. I'm in the same place, brought on by losing my job 8 months ago and still without one, all the things in me and externally that this is forcing into/under inspection. craziness. No better place to begin, with something like The Desire Map, than already at hit-bottom. I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AnonymousJune 06, 2014

      I'm with you desert - lost my job too and still without one. Cant wait for the light to shine again - just a glimmer will do for starters.

      Delete
  5. sounds powerful already ... breakage really does expose the open places I'm in the same place, due to losing my job 8 months ago and still without one. Craziness, the changes that has imposed/invited, internally and externally. No better place to start, with something like The Desire Map, than already hit-bottom. I'm mainly just so heart-stoppingly grateful for a chance to start over! man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading this post after my own melt-down and am looking forward to doing just the same and transforming my own life into something spectacular as well! Best of luck to you and I'm excited to hear about your journey.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS