Aug 16, 2012

The Greatest Way to Accept Yourself


Earlier in the year I hit a wall.

A 'feel-like-crap' wall.

Blame it on the weather or whatever but I hadn't exercised in over 3 days and I was feeling it.

The little negative creatures crept in and started playing havoc on my mind.

"You should have been exercising today", "You're going to get fat if you carry on like this".

Uck, yucky! *shake it OFF*

Then the most amazing thing happens.....

My man comes over and sits with me (he can obviously see I'm moping feeling sorry for myself). I tell him how I'm feeling and he understands me completely - he's kinda wonderful like that. He says to me that I shouldn't feel like shit and reminded me of everything I've achieved to this date and that is an amazing accomplishment for me.

Then he said something to me that really resonated with me. He said "You have to accept yourself for exactly who you are right now because if it doesn't change now, it won't change later."

I said "But how do I do that?"

He then went on to say that the greatest way to accepting yourself is to create a daily checklist.

I know right, not exactly as soul defining as you would think huh..


To create this checklist you take these simple steps:
  • Get out your journal/diary/calender/a piece of paper and pen.
  • Draw 2 - 5 bullet points (I started off with 3, I highly recommend starting small)
  • Write down 2 - 5 things you would like to complete each day. (This can be anything from write posting things on your fb business page to spending time patting the cat. Anything that is important to you.)
  • When you wake up in the morning make sure those tasks are completed first thing.


The purpose of the checklist is that after a month when you look back at all the tasks you have completed, while seeming small at the time, is actually now a substantial accomplishment!

By doing this I have accomplished becoming extremely fit, living in the moment more, doing the things that make me happy and creating a magical relationship with my partner.

If you planned to exercise for 40 mins a day every day, you would be fitter, healthier, thinner stronger and mentally fit! If you decided to write 500 words a day for your online business, you'd have a crap load of content, a great work ethic and great writing skill! If you took out half an hour each night to unwind with candles and relaxing music, you will have a sense of calamity, stress would disappear from your life and you'd become more peaceful within.

What seems so small and insignificant in the beginning can turn into something big and amazing down the track.

So tell me wonderful, what's gonna be on your daily checklist?

xx


P.S Thanks to my wonderful beau for the inspiration for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS