Nov 8, 2015

Why Micro-Adventures Are Good For Business

Why Micro-Adventures Are Good For Business

Lately I have been introducing micro-adventures into my regular activities as a way to get away from my desk and inject some nature into my system.

I've been finding the more I focus on work and sit at my desk all day, the more exhausted I am when I finally finish up.

I knew this wasn't right. It didn't feel right. It seemed like I was slipping back into the 'live to work' mode that people can get caught in so easily.

I wasn't having any of that. 

I thought about the easiest possible thing I could do to shake my routine up. So I went for a walk around my neighbourhood and decided to try a new track near my house I hadn't been down before. 

It lead me here..

Why Micro-Adventures Are Good For Business

I was blown away that beauty like this was quite literally on my doorstep, and I'd been sitting on my ass all day staring at a rectangular screen trying to finish some deadline I'd placed on myself. #priorities

But, we're not here to beat ourselves up. This is, after all, the life we've chosen for ourselves as entrepreneurs. And the most beautiful thing about that is that we have 100% control over how we want our days and lives to run. So if it's not going the way we want, we can change it. No permission needed!

Micro-adventures are brilliant for everyone, but I believe especially for business owners. We can get quite set in a routine of 'hustle, hustle & hustle some more' and we forget what life is about. We forget why we decided to become entrepreneurs in the first place.

But when we take the time to deliberately step away from our desk, and take ourselves on a short little adventure, it makes our energy rise, which helps us to operate from a high-vibrational point. And that means we're living what we preach, we're exuding the spirit of who we are which in-turn attracts the right things to us for our businesses and lives.

For example, since I started going on micro-adventures several weeks ago, there have been three noticeable changes I've experienced:



I've become more productive and less unsettled: Procrastination (which I have been known to be notorious for) has disappeared almost completely. I'm finding that when I sit down at my desk now, I'm switched on and focused. I'm not unsettled, switching tabs, reading some random article. I'm 100% focused on the task at hand. Which has seemed to free up a lot more time for myself.

I don't need to leave the neighbourhood: When I was a kid, I didn't drive 30 minutes out of town to go for a walk in the woods. Every single one of my adventures happened on my street. So a micro-adventure should be just the same. It is a short adventure close to home. They're simple and easy and rarely cost anything, which means there are less excuses that can be made to do it.

My general well-being & happiness has heightened: I've felt a lot more centered since I started these adventures. But best of all, my overall happiness has improved. This is because when we change up our routine and do something that we don't usually do, it actually pleases our brain. This is because the brain is used to your routine, it knows what to expect. And when you go and do something to intercept that routine, the brain feels violated in a pleasing way. And that's why we get a dopamine release from it resulting in all around happiness!



If you haven't tried a micro-adventure, I highly recommend incorporating them into your routine starting today. Get outside and go for a walk. It’s about taking yourself out of your regular routine and shaking things up so that you can feel more alive in your life and business!


Have you micro-adventured? What are your ideas for breaking up your routine?



Elise xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS