Jun 23, 2013

What are your views on cheating & affairs?

What are your views on cheating & affairs?

Could you do it?

Would the guilt eat you alive?

What if he did it?

Would you ever trust him again?

That's my biggest concern here.

Love, and even forgiveness can be won back. But trust? That is something that takes years to build - and only moments to obliterate.

How could you carry on being with someone whom you love, yes. Whom you have forgiven, yes. But who you do not trust?

The anxiety. The isolation. The guilt you would feel.

I couldn't continue on like that. Always on edge. I'd have to end it.


What about you? What are your views on cheating and affairs? Are you a forgiver or an ass-kicker?

xo

4 comments:

  1. I wanna say that I'd kick him to the curb, but I really don't know until it happens (Which I hope it doesn't). I do agree with your views, I guess I just have more self love work to do.

    Thanks for these Sunday features. I'm liking them!

    K x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kaley, it is hard to gauge how you would react when it hasn't happened yet. But look at it this way, It hasn't happened! And that's great! Keep doing your thang & even add a bit of self love to garnish. It's allll good.

      Elise xo

      Delete
  2. Hi Elise,
    I have a really hard time even thinking about this subject without getting instantly angry (so I'm really surprised that I even read it!). My Dad had numerous affairs before my parents split up. It has just always sort of stuck with me, that men are a$$holes and lying cheaters. Whew, now that I got that out, I really do want to let it all go, and relearn how to trust. To put it lightly, it is exhausting carrying that around, and having that view. So I really appreciate this post, it really is simple but powerful. I am the same in my life now: looking for what I need from myself, from him. Bring on the self-love!!! I am so ready and willing to let go of all this crap.
    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your honesty Krista! How crazy is it that you and I both have similar stories when it comes to our fathers. It is exhausting & to be honest I don't ever think you forget it. Forgive, sure absolutely - that's the best thing we can do for ourselves. But forget? There's a quote I read once "You may not remember what someone did or said to you, but you'll always remember how they made you feel".

      I've personally found practicing self love had helped me IMMENSELY. As well as just moving on with my life and putting myself and the people I truly love and trust as a priority. After all, you can't move forward properly if you're always looking over your shoulder.

      xx

      Delete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS