Jul 10, 2013

30 Things You Love About Yourself

Challenge: 30 Things You Love About Yourself

Oooooh does the title scare you? I hope it does... but only a little!

For the last year and a half I have been actively learning about the vital necessity of self-love and how to develop a healthy body and self-image.

I admit, some days it is still difficult to look in the mirror and like the person I see looking back. But the difference is now I know how to handle myself when that happens and I know what I need to make myself feel better, safer, happier, more positive etc..

One of the things I like to do to help myself keep in a positive mindset about myself is to write a list of 30 things I love about myself and stick the list on my wall for a month. The next month I'll rewrite a new list.

As a part of living vibrant, you gotta do some bold stuff and this challenge is a small but bold and significant step for us. But don't freak just yet, I'll go first so you're not doing it by yourself! :P

 

30 Things I Love About Myself

  1. I have a contagious laugh
  2. LOVE my big beautiful brown eyes
  3. (1st stump, haha!) My long silky wavy hair
  4. My playfulness and that I can see fun in a lot of things
  5. My gorgeous curves
  6. (2nd stump, dammit!) How much I care for my friends
  7. My obsession with finding the magic in life
  8. My super enthusiasm and excitement
  9. I love my perfectly straight teeth :D
  10. And that smile - lights up the world it does
  11. My nose can jump in there too, proud of that puppy
  12. I love my OCD to organize and decorate
  13. LOVE my crafty DIY nature (and my sparkly colored pen collection)
  14. (3rd stump, not bad!) I can dance like a MOFO
  15. My self taught web design skills
  16. Love my personal style and fashion sense
  17. I give GREAT advice when friends are in need
  18. I'm a damn good girlfriend
  19. A freakin' awesome daughter
  20. Punctuality for the things I care about! ;)
  21. My AMAZING talent and skill as an actor
  22. My super SMART BRAIN that has been cramming 5 years of info into 1!
  23. (4th stump, better!) The classic 'Elise' facial expressions
  24. My humor and comedic timing (even though I never knew I was funny)
  25. My secret love of dance movies *coughstepupcough*
  26. How emotionally expressive I am
  27. My fantastic and wide taste in music - from Ray Charles to Ed Sheeran
  28. My sweet writing skills
  29. My strong values
  30. The ability to see the positive and keep optimistic

Phew! 4 stumps, not bad I say!

Now it's your turn! This is your bold moment, in the comments below I want you to tell me 30 things you love about yourself! I know you can do it & I'm dying to see what you love!

Ready? Go!

Be Good To Yourself!

10 comments:

  1. Sensational job Elise!
    I hope all your peeps who take on the challenge walk away with a large spring in their step as I did.
    Glad you enjoyed the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Becc! I am sure they will :)

    And thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A freakin' awesome daughter... huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. See guys, no matter wheeere you go - Mum has always got an eye on you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love this! Thank you, Elise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great. Gong to give it a shot. Needing some self love this week and so it's great timing ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Katherine!

      I just saw Michelle Obama on Dr. Oz and she was talking about the importance of instilling positive self-image in young women today and so that sent me off on this post rant! :) xx

      Delete
  7. I love this too! Writing things down is when the magic seems to begin... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too right Jean! Thank you! :) x

      Delete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS